Join us as a Friend of the North Highland Way!
Here are some of the North Highland Way´s current Friends
Where your money goes
We are working with local people who are raising money for their own projects. The Trust gives 50% of the money to projects as agreed with the Trustees.
- Ian Ellis is raising funds for a patient care in Caithness. Ian is the original Friend of the North Highland Way and the Trust has assisted him in his ventures, including logging the North Highland Way. North Oxygen Walk
- Mervyn and Pam Sinclair – assist with all kinds of jobs!
- Peter Wright – Writer and author. Ribbon of Wildness.
- Laura Bruce – Public Relations. Bruce Public Relations.
- Michael Draper – Owner of a large section of Dunnet Head.
- Arthur Lloyd – Aberlour – a keen walker and spent many years in Brough and at the lighthouse.
- Steve Hall – is the founder and owner of www.thisisspain.info and very active inall areas of social media. He is also an ultra-cyclist, having cycled to the 92 Football League clubs, www.theshirt2010.co.uk. He keenly monitors ultra and extreme challenges and long-distance journeys whether on foot, bike or whatever method. He is following discussions about the North Highland Way with interest and was instrumental in linking us up with the Camino de Santiago and providing advice. We have a link on his web site
Planning your own walk
If you are planning your own walk and are looking for ideas, then visit www.walkingworld.com who have many walks available to download and are our partners in the North Highland Way project.
Whilst out on your walk please don’t forget about the countryside code! Following the countryside code helps to protect and preserve rural areas now and for the future. You can find full details of the Scottish Outdoor Access Code on the website of Scottish Natural Heritage
Also don’t forget to tweet us your ‘walkie’ on route – @way_north so we can feature the walk.